Staying on top of search engine optimization is a very time is a very time-consuming task. If you need to spread your attention across the whole range of different tasks and staying up-to-date with the ever-changing world of search engine optimization becomes an almost impossible challenge.
Broadly speaking you have two main areas of focus when you are trying to optimize your website to perform really well in search engine result pages (SERPS).
On page SEO covers everything that you should be doing to the content on the page and covers many points that you need to be on top of. On page SEO is very important, and is the foundations that you will be building all of your search engine optimization strategies upon.
Off page SEO covers all the things that you do off your site in order to boost the authority and relevance of the content on your website, building inbound links for example.
Do Backlinks Still Work In 2021?
One of the major aspects of off page search engine optimization, backlink building is still a major factor in Google’s algorithm. To Google, backlinks are a sign of approval from a third party that implies the content being linked to is worth taking the time to read. This tells Google that the content is both authoritative and relevant to a given keyword phrase.
You need to start with an overall marketing plan that hs your SEO strategy as an integral part of that, and then you can create an effective link building strategy to be part of that.
What Is The Best Backlink Strategy?
Unfortunately, I am going to have to disappoint you, there isn’t a one size fits all best link building strategy that will work for every website in every situation. Trust me, I wish there was it would make our job so much easier.
The best link building strategy is the one that works for your website. In order to try and work out what that will be you need to undertake some detective work. Start off by spending some time analyzing the first page of results for your target keyword phrase.
By analyzing the top 10 sites that Google is currently ranking for that target keyword phrase you will be trying to identify the common factors that Google has picked up in order for those sites to be ranked so highly.
I cannot stress enough how key this activity is. This should be your starting point for every new SEO campaign and for every new piece of content that you add to your website.
By looking through and digging into the content that Google has already told you they like the best you will know exactly how to rank that page.
You know the topics that need to be covered, you can find out the minimum number of words and the maximum number of words for pages that are ranking and know that your content must be at least as long as the mean average.
You know the number of headings and the header tags that are used. You will know the keywords that appear in the content and be able to calculate how frequently those keywords need to appear.
You will also be able to look at the link building tactics and backlink profile of those sites performing well in the search rankings and from analyzing that data you will understand what your goals need to be for your own back linking strategy.
He will be looking at both the quantity of backlinks pointing at the pages that rank, but you will also need to look at the quality of the websites upon which those backlinks are placed. Quality links and authority links that provide a relevant link, will maximize the return on your link building efforts.
As with all competitive analysis you are looking for patterns and any data that can help you prepare both your overall SEO strategy and your backlink plan the piece of content that you are trying to rank.
Can I Get Help With Competitive Analysis?
As with many aspects of SEO, competitive analysis is a very deep subject that involves many different aspects that we haven’t even covered above.
In addition to that, there are many different pieces of software that can help you carry out that competitive analysis, but it is hard to know which one is best to help you achieve your objectives if you haven’t had the experience of using them.
You will also find that in order to get access to this high-level software it involves a healthy investment of money can sometimes be hard to justify if you are just trying to rank your own website.
We are more than happy to help you with any competitive analysis that you need, just contact us for more details.
How Can I Get High Quality Backlinks In 2021?
When it comes to building a quality link building campaign you have two choices. You either decide to invest your valuable time and undertake to do the whole process yourself, that is to research and learn as much as you need in order to uncover link building opportunities that will add value to your website and then the time to put that learning into practice and be building links yourself.
The alternative is that you decide to invest some money and get somebody better qualified to do that for you. Click here for more details on how LinkDaddy can take care of that for you.
Quick List of Backlink Strategies For You To Try
- You need to look for sites that already have broken links pointing to your site, you can use an online link checker to do this. You then need to contact those websites by email offering to repair the broken link with a live link that points to new or refreshed content.This is a classic win win situation as you are helping the website owner while adding a quality backlinks the same time.
- Another variation on this is to search for broken links on other sites that point to content that no longer exists and where you have content that is similar. Again you contact the website owner offering to repair their broken link and get a backlink on their site in return. A very effective technique.
- if you have a string of social media sites already set up then placing backlinks on them to publicize new blog posts kills two birds with one stone. On the one hand you will be getting backlinks from high authority sites and on the other hand you will also be putting your new content in front of potential site visitors. This process can be automated and it’s something we will cover in a future blog post.
- If you convert your blog posts into PDF documents they can be submitted to document sharing sites which will in turn give you a link back to the original content.
- Guest posting or guest blogging is a whole topic on its own but briefly you need to reach out to other website and blog owners offering to write quality content for them to publish, in return for an outbound link back to your own website. There are many guest posting opportunities if you know where to look.
Befriend The Press
- Build up a network of contacts with members of the press and offer to provide them with regular content they can use in return for a link to your website. All you need is an email address and some email outreach. This works well with online press but also consider contacting your local off-line newspapers and magazines as they are always looking for sources of local relevant content.
- Press releases themselves, publicizing any event that could be considered newsworthy, if picked up by the distribution networks is a very powerful way of enhancing your backlink profile. They will get you backlinks on authoritative sites with mentions in influential places. Here at LinkDaddy we would be happy to help you put together effective press release campaigns, just contact us for more details.
How Can I Make Backlinks Work Better & Faster?
The easiest way to make your backlinks more powerful and work faster is to build more quality backlinks to them. This is known as tiered back linking and something we will cover in more detail in a later blog post.
All of our backlink plans here at LinkDaddy use multi tiered back linking strategies. We would be happy to plan and present a custom-built strategy for your website.
Where Can I Buy Quality Backlinks?
Not going to shock you to learn, but you can buy quality backlinks plans from us here at LinkDaddy, that have been created to provide the maximum power that will help you boost the authority, relevance and performance of your website in targeted search engine results.
To find out more about how we can help you get your website where you want it to be, contact us for more details.